Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I HAVE A DREAM

Halloo, howdy! Wow, busy busy busy...


Happy Martin Luther King day to you too! Haha, Amy is hilarious.  I forgot to celebrate because we don't have like a day off or anything to identify one day from the next, its all just one big day... interspersed with dark times in which we close our eyes for a few seconds and wake up again... sounds like you all celebrated appropriately. Ha. I have a dream...

Good luck with the fridge situation. Amazing.

Glad there was snow for Spencer, sounds like a blast. That sounds pretty impressive. Our snow here doesn't melt either... especially by our apartment - I carry the curse from our house or something, because snow falls off our parking covering's roof, and makes a mound behind the car... which is almost insurmountable, and we have no ice melt or shovel. Neither do the less active neighbors. We attempted destroying it with kitchen knives... We'll just wait till spring...

This week was pretty good, we have been seeing improvement in the work - we picked up another investigator preparing for baptism on the 6th of February - powerful lesson, he felt the Spirit very strongly.

Man, and Sunday, for the first time in a while, THREE people came to church. Sweet. We've been teaching a 20 year old who lives in the US alone, family in Mexico still, but he's hilarious. He always says we're lying. No idea why. Fun to teach him. He said he was burning me a cd of Mexican music - Jeffrey, look up Camila, said it was good. But yeah, we taught him again and he's always said he has work on Sunday and can't come to church. This week we dug a bit and he admitted he CAN come to sacrament meeting. Big progress. And we got him to pray out loud for the second time in two months! I prayed once for his parents, and told him he had to return the favor. He specifically prayed for both of you, Mom and Dad, and ALSO that we wouldnt be liars. Hilarous. He walked two miles to Church in 20 degree weather Sunday. Sweet.
Also we had a sweet lesson yesterday - taught about the Book of Mormon to a family, and the father was a little reluctant at first, but we taught that God spoke to the people here in the Americas. His face changed and said "Wow, I've had that question my ENTIRE life. That's amazing. I've always wondered why Christ didn't come here or something-" and we turned the page to the painting depicting Christ visiting the ancient Americas... sweet.

So yeah, the work is going well, the companion is good - I just misunderstand a lot, and don't identify with a lot of the culture differences, in humor or ways of doing things. Interesting. Learning...

Well, we have to get back down to the train, we're going bowling today as a zone... Good luck on the SATs Jeffrey, the carnival on Wednesday, Senora Johnson (she did the same thing to me, just dont even worry about it) Yes, we heard about Haiti, sounds horrible. Keep praying for them. Sorry about the uke, haha, I just loved the soft island sounds when I heard them... sorry...

I love you all! You're all awesome. Thank you for being a sweet family, and doing so much. I constantly am reminded of how much I owe to all of you for who I am and all I have. Thank you! The Gospel is true. Be firm and faithful in the cause of Christ!

L;ove, Elder Thelin



PS Mom, I think your birthday is next week. If I'm wrong, sorry, I will write next week. If I'm right, ignore this.

PPPs Hmmm... the little wonder pets boat was attached to a slab of ice, and they began to tow the gang in a northern direction...

2 comments:

  1. That guy sounds awesome, and so does that family, I'm so glad you're starting to get through with some people! Haha man, I've got some stories to tell you - clumsy side of Kayla has struck again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be thinking of you as your investigator prepares for baptism! And hey, quit lying to that 20-year-old! LOVE you tons, and so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete