Tuesday, November 2, 2010

GROVER, WYOMING: POPULATION 100

HELLO FAMILY!

I'm writing from outer darkness! It’s our Pday, obviously, and we decided we needed a change of scenery, so we are in the top of the mission, Star Valley, Wyoming! It’s actually in our zone, just so far that no one bothers to go there. So we decided to spend Pday exploring. Kinda pitiful, I don't know if you remember before the mission we looked up some of the tiny little towns on the mission map - we went through them today, Grover Population 100..... yikes! SO beautiful, check out pictures of Bear Lake sometime, Bear Lake is breathtaking. If only it wasn’t so brown up here... super cold though...
So family, sounds like you had a successful weekend! Congrats Jeffrey on the race! That's pretty sweet! 15th place and injured is a miracle, I'd say. My comp and I were praying pretty hard for everything to work out, so I'm glad it did! And the drama auditions are exciting, hope that you could get into one of those schools. I have friends at all 3.
And Heidi, nice job on trying to go extreme camping and freeze in the cold. I would’ve gone for the hot chocolate too. That’s great that you're doing cool activities - I super miss camping, so enjoy it. Even if it’s like torture and super cold, it makes a better story that way.
JEFFREY: I think I may have found the sweetest place to take our trip, still money is the only problem, but check out pictures of ... crud, I forgot the name. Check out like "San Carlos de Bolinche, Argentina" or something like that. Apparently its where the General Authorities and Apostles go when they visit Argentina, but our ward mission leader showed us photos, it’s beautiful, lakes of crystal clear water, mountains on the border of Chile, super amazing, and pretty cheap flight plans and all that. Like 2000 bucks would get you there and for a super long satisfying vacation, so check it out. South Argentina...
I gotta see pics of Frank and Bob, switched...
Our Halloween was good, we had a super sweet training in the morning about "The Challenge to Become", and then in the night we got like 8 missionaries together in an apartment and played games and ate junk food until we all had to go home. Pretty good stuff, playing risk, or Catchphrase in Spanish, getting missionaries to eat whole pieces of cake whole or dancing like a gangster, etc. haha. yeah....
That’s funny that you guys gave talks about the temple in church, that was the subject here in our sacrament meeting too. Huh. That was a cool Ensign about the temples. We're excited for the general conference one. How far is the temple from Culpeper again? It's going to be really weird being so far away from a temple, here in every area I've been within sight of a different temple and within 20 minutes driving distance of one, and even two temples, and several are under construction. Crazy. Cool though, there is always a beacon of light in Utah. Sad that they go unnoticed sometimes. All the recent converts think Washington DC temple is the coolest.

I'm not sure if we'll eat down in Bountiful for Thanksgiving. Transfers are like the day before, so I'll have a new companion, but I'm sure he wouldn’t mind eating there. I think I know who it will be, and he speaks very little English, but it might be ok. The only thing is I don’t know if we could drive there since we're so far away. I'll see what I can organize...
Well I love you all a lot. I'm really thankful to grow up in our family. Just the problems and ways Satan is destroying families is sad. So many problems that people tell us about. I know that this Gospel is true, it is the path God would have us take, and the way to happiness. I know the Spirit testifies to our hearts. Our Father does live and is intensely aware and interested in us. His Son Jesus Christ, Our Brother, understands and can heal and walk with us. This is the truth, and I know it. Be good everyone!
AND Holly, I'm not sure I can get something mailed in time, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You'll be 11 right? I hope it’s a sweet birthday, and that its lots of fun. Presents aren’t the most important thing (but I hope they're good!) but have fun being with our family and your friends! You're a really cool little sister, and I'm proud of you. I'm always telling people "Oh, my sister Holly would love that or she would say this..." Love ya Holly, have a great birthday!
And love you all too!
Elder Thelin

Ps: glad Donna is doing better!
Ps where are we in the story?
Pss: not trying to be super trunky but I've been told the office will give me my "trunky call" soon where they ask me about travel plans... I still don’t know, it’d be cool to have Dad and Jeffrey come out or something, but if not that’s fine too. I've got a lot of stuff but I can always leave some at family's houses here in Utah. Let me know what you've all been thinking, and we can figure it out. Yikes! I am excited. I do love being here, but I do miss family and my old life too at times. Unavoidable. Having a trunky companion doesn’t help. Haha. Love you all take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment